Dr David Blair
David Blair is a Trainee Patent Attorney within our Chemistry, Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals Patent department. Davids’ clients operate in industry sectors such as oil & gas and pharmaceuticals.
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporation."
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Prosecuting patent applications before the European Patent Office (EPO) and UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO)
- Liaising with clients and overseas attorneys
- Legal research
- Analysis and interpretation of prior art
- Student member of the Charted Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Previously to joining the Firm, David worked as Process Engineer for Cabot Corporation
- He joined A.A. Thornton & Co. in 2017 as a Trainee Patent Attorney
- MChem Chemistry with industrial experience, University of Edinburgh
- PhD Carbon and contaminant trace metal biogeochemistry, University of Edinburgh
- Postgraduate Certificate in Intellectual Property, Bournemouth University