Dr Lawrence King
Dr Lawrence King is a Partner and UK Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the Chemistry, Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals patent department. Lawrence’s practice covers both contentious and non-contentious patent matters in the fields of chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. Having worked in-house within the pharmaceutical industry for a number of years, Lawrence is particularly valued for his pragmatic, commercially-focused advice.
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
- Patent Opposition
- IP Due Diligence & Freedom to Operate
- IP Strategy & Audits
- IP Transactions, Ownership & Licensing
- Agriculture and agrochemicals
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- His practice covers contentious and non-contentious patent matters in the fields of chemistry, chemical engineering and pharmaceuticals
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications for a broad range of technologies
- Providing strategic advice in respect of patent infringement and validity
- Representing clients at oral proceedings
- Member of the Marketing committee
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Lawrence has been practising patent law for over twenty years and began his career in the Patent Department of GlaxoSmithKline.
- Prior to joining AA Thornton, Lawrence worked at a Top Tier, London-based IP firm where he advised clients primarily in the pharmaceutical sector
- Lawrence joined AA Thornton in 2011 and become a partner of the firm in 2013
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney, 2005
- European Patent Attorney, 2006
- Ph.D., Chemistry, University of London, 1999
- BsSc. Hons, Chemistry, University of London, 1996
- Recommended in Legal 500 UK
- Ranked as an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property