Dr Marianne Privett
Dr Marianne Privett is a Partner and UK Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the Chemistry, Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals patent department. Marianne has experience in a variety of fields including catalysis, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, laboratory equipment and packaging.
"Marianne is 'very knowledgeable both in Chemistry and in IP law'."
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Medical Devices
- Drafting patent applications
- Prosecuting patent applications in numerous countries
- Providing advice on patentability
- Providing advice on freedom to operate
- Managing patent portfolios
- Oppositions and Appeals at the EPO
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
- She began her patent career in 2003 at Johnson Matthey, a large speciality chemicals company
- She began her career in private practice in 2007
- She joined A.A. Thornton & Co. in 2010
- She joined the EQE Examination Committee for Paper C in 2014
- She was promoted to Senior Associate in July 2017
- Marianne was promoted to Partner in September 2018
- MChem and PhD Materials Chemistry, University of Southampton
- Gained the Queen Mary Certificate in 2004
- Qualified as a UK chartered patent attorney in 2010
- Qualified as a European patent attorney in 2010