Lloyd Palmer is a European Patent Attorney in the Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Telecoms & IT patents department. Lloyd’s client’s operate in a range of sectors including oil and gas exploration, as well as IT and communications.
Lloyd has experience in patent prosecution and oppositions, with specialist expertise in communications and signal processing and computer-related inventions.
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
Legal 500 (2019)
- Patent Oppositions & Revocations
- Medical Devices
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- IT & Communications
- Drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications before the European Patent Office (EPO) and the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO)
- Experience in oppositions and appeals
- Liaising with clients and overseas attorneys
- Legal research
- European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Lloyd has several years industry experience in an in-house role after beginning his career at a Japanese multinational corporation Canon, that specialises in imaging and optical products.
- He joined AA Thornton in 2019 as a member of the Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Telecoms & IT patents department
- Electronic Engineering BEng from the University of Kent
- Communications and Signal Processing MSc from Newcastle University
- Qualified as a European patent attorney