Nikesh Patel is a Partner and UK Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Telecoms & IT patents department. Nikesh has specialist expertise in computer systems and electronics.
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
Legal 500 (2019)
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- IT & communications
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Directly advising UK-based and overseas clients on patent matters including drafting and prosecuting patent applications
- Communicating with the European and UK Intellectual Property Office on behalf of clients, and communicating with overseas associates who handle cases on our clients’ behalf
- Representing clients at oral proceedings
- Member of the IT and IP systems committee
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Member of the The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- He joined A.A. Thornton & Co. after graduating in 2001
- Nikesh became a Senior Associate in June 2015
- Nikesh was promoted to Partner in September 2018
- BS Hons Computer Systems & Electronics, Kings College London
- Certificate in Intellectual Property
- Qualified as a UK chartered patent attorney in 2008
- Qualified as a European patent attorney in 2008
- Qualified as a European design attorney
- Intellectual Property Litigation Certificate (Basic Litigation Skills Course & Assessment)