Nikesh is a UK Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Telecoms & IT patents department and has been practising in the field of intellectual property law for over 15 years. Nikesh has specialist expertise in computer systems and electronics.
Nikesh directly advises UK and overseas clients on patent matters including identification of patentable subject matter. Nikesh has drafted and prosecuted patent applications in a wide variety of technologies, including computer implemented inventions, in which he has considerable experience in advising on the threshold of patentability in the UK and Europe. He also provides strategic advice for SMEs and large multinationals and manages worldwide patent portfolios for his clients.
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
Legal 500 (2019)
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- IT & communications
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Directly advising UK-based and overseas clients on patent matters including drafting and prosecuting patent applications
- Communicating with the European and UK Intellectual Property Office on behalf of clients, and communicating with overseas associates who handle cases on our clients’ behalf
- Representing clients at oral proceedings
- Member of the IT and IP systems committee
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Member of the The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- He joined A.A. Thornton & Co. after graduating in 2001
- Nikesh became a Senior Associate in June 2015
- Nikesh was promoted to Partner in September 2018
- BS Hons Computer Systems & Electronics, Kings College London
- Certificate in Intellectual Property
- Qualified as a UK chartered patent attorney in 2008
- Qualified as a European patent attorney in 2008
- Qualified as a European design attorney
- Intellectual Property Litigation Certificate (Basic Litigation Skills Course & Assessment)