Shamil Rasheed is a trainee patent attorney in the Electrical, Electronics, Telecoms & IT patent department.
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- IT & Communications
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications before the European Patent Office (EPO) and the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO)
- Liaising with clients and overseas attorneys
- Legal research
- Student member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Associate member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Shamil joined AA Thornton as a Trainee Patent Attorney in 2018
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering with First Class Honours, University of York
- Queen Mary University of London, Intellectual Property Law certificate obtained in 2019