Simon Spink is a Partner and Solicitor whose main practice areas are Patent and IP litigation and SPCs. He has acted for a range of clients across different sectors including the life sciences, FMCG, and aviation. Simon has considerable industry experience having previously been Head of Legal for a leading international pharmaceutical company.
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
"The team at AA Thornton provides an 'overall level of service that is top class', with good industry knowledge."
- Trade Marks
- IP Due Diligence & Freedom to Operate
- IP Strategy & Audits
- IP Transactions, Ownership & Licensing
- Life Sciences
- Medical Devices
- Edgewell v. Gillette (system razors; validity/infringement)
- Teva v. Synthon (polypeptide synthesis; validity)
- Shionogi v. Merck (integrase inhibitors; validity/infringement)
- Swarovski Optik v. Leica (optical rifle sights; validity)
- Contour v. Virgin Atlantic (business class seats; validity/infringement)
- Lundbeck v. Infosint (pharmaceutical intermediate synthesis; validity/infringement)
- Eli Lilly v. Dr Reddy’s (olanzapine; validity)
- Lundbeck v. Generics (escitalopram; validity)
- P&G v. RB (Design validity/infringement)
- Philips v. LG (JPEG; validity/infringement)
- Qualcomm v. Nokia (2G/3G; validity/infringement)
- The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Simon qualified as a Solicitor in 2007
- Before joining AA Thornton Simon worked at Bristows LLP and before that was the Head of Legal at Novartis Animal Health.
- Simon joined AA Thornton as a Partner in September 2019
- MChem, Merton College, Oxford University (2002)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Law, Oxford Brookes (2003)
- Legal Practice Course, OXILP (2004)
- Solicitor, England & Wales (2007)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property, University of Bristol (2008)