Vanessa Lawrence is Chartered Trade Mark Attorney and Consulting Attorney in our Legal 500 ranked Top Tier Trade Mark team. Vanessa handles a wide range of UK and international trade mark cases and works across various commercial sectors including fashion, food & beverage, travel and telecommunications.
"Vanessa Lawrence - our main point of contact is knowledgeable, approachable, friendly & extremely professional. A pleasure to work with!" "Absolutely fantastic service with very prompt response time. All correspondence to [our company] is clear & concise."
Director, World's Largest Travel Company For Students & Young People
"AA Thornton handles all aspects of the trade mark registration process, and has particular expertise in the fashion sector. Vanessa Lawrence is 'remarkable in her knowledge'."
"AA Thornton's 'excellent' trade mark team handles all aspects of the trade mark registration process, and is particularly renowned in the fashion sector. Vanessa Lawrence is 'knowledgeable, friendly and extremely professional'."
"The team at AA Thornton provides an 'overall level of service that is top class', with good industry knowledge."
- Design Rights
- Domain Names
- Trade Marks
- IP Due Diligence & Freedom to Operate
- IP Strategy & Audits
- IP Transactions, Ownership & Licensing
- IT & Communications
- Deals with all aspects of trade mark work from clearance searches to enforcement issues
- Specialising in the management of global Trade Mark portfolios as well as handling UK, EU and international trade mark filing and prosecution cases for smaller clients
- Filing Community design registrations for cutting edge fashion designs, as well as being involved in anti-counterfeiting measures
- Recording IP rights with Customs authorities around the world
- Prosecuting domain name complaints targeted at cyber-squatters
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)
- International Trademarks Association (INTA)
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- Vanessa joined the trade mark profession in 1989
- She joined AA Thornton as a UK Chartered Trade Mark attorney in 1994
- She became a partner in 1997
- Vanessa became a Consulting Attorney for the firm in December 2018
- BSc Hons Science, Nottingham University
- MSc Intellectual Property Law & Science, London University
- Qualified as a Chartered Trade Mark attorney in 1991
- European Trade Mark and designs attorney
- Recommended in Legal 500 UK
- Ranked in the Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars
- Recommended in WTR 1000 World’s Leading Trade Mark Professionals
- Recognised in Who’s Who Legal 2018 Trademarks