Business Development & Marketing Manager
Central London / Agile Working
AA Thornton is a leading Intellectual Property (IP) law firm headquartered in London. The firm has been established for over one hundred years and enjoys an enviable reputation within the IP profession both domestically and abroad. We are delighted to continually be ranked as a “Top Tier” & “Leading Firm” by the Legal 500 UK Editions in which we were highlighted as “an outstanding firm” in 2022.
We are a partner-led firm with a clear focus on the provision of high quality, commercially focused advice that is bespoke to individual clients’ needs. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development & Marketing Manager with strong generalist BD/Marketing experience, to play a key role in supporting the development of our growing business. Key areas of activity will include overseeing the realisation of the firm’s BD plans including coaching and supporting senior fee earners and partners on a one to one basis, producing content and collateral, pitches and presentations, management of directory submissions, BD trips & events and planning/budgeting/reporting.
This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified professional looking to make a significant contribution to the ongoing success of the firm. We welcome applications from Senior Marketing/Business Development Executives looking to take their career to the next level and existing Marketing/Business Development Managers looking for an exciting new opportunity to work as part of our dynamic management team. We are looking for a strong generalist BD marketer, with experience ideally gained within an IP / legal environment or professional services organisation. To succeed in this role, candidates will have a ‘can-do’ character with a proven track record of adding value in the Business Development arena and be comfortable working in a standalone role providing hands-on operational support and input at a strategic level.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates will:
- hold a university degree in a relevant subject and/or be CIM qualified or equivalent
- possess at least five years of experience working within marketing and business development roles, ideally with some experience within the legal/IP sector
- be credible and personable with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike and to remain calm under pressure when working to tight deadlines
- be able to manage a busy and varied workload to include a range of administrative, operational and management/strategic activities and projects
- possess some experience of supervising/managing people and/or a willingness to step up into a role managing a small team
- be IT literate (essential) and possess up-to-date working knowledge of a range of marketing and business development web based and social media tools with an ability to learn new software and tools quickly
- possess excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to liaise at all levels
- demonstrate an ability and willingness to provide excellent client service at all times
The salary and benefits package will be tailored to your experience. Click here for a full copy of the role description.
What will you find at AA Thornton?
We strongly believe that it’s our people that make the difference. As such, we are committed to recruiting the very best talent and providing training to nurture that talent.
We also work hard to ensure our internal communication, our wellbeing and inclusion strategies are a business priority and underpin our belief that everyone should be able to bring their whole self to work. We are committed to recruiting the very best talent from a diverse pool, and welcome discussions with any candidates about reasonable adjustments, flexible working to accommodate caring responsibilities or other reasons, to help us recruit and nurture talented individuals. We offer flexible working (currently remotely) as well as a high level of flexibility within our planned agile working environment post pandemic. It is an exciting time to join the firm. Visit our website at www.aathornton.com, to find out what our clients our saying about us and meet our team of attorneys.
Please apply by email with your CV and a covering letter to Karen Genuardi, Head of People, at firstname.lastname@example.org