Marketing & Business Development Executive – Central London / Agile Working – c£22-35k (tailored to experience)
AA Thornton IP LLP is a boutique Intellectual Property (IP) law firm headquartered in London. The firm has been established for over one hundred years and enjoys an enviable reputation within the IP profession both domestically and abroad. With a growth strategy in mind, we are seeking to expand our small Business Development and Marketing team and have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing & Business Development Executive to join the firm.
The role will be diverse in nature and the successful candidate will have exposure to all aspects of the marketing mix, with an emphasis on digital marketing. This role is currently based at the firm’s London city office, with hybrid working in place that offers a mix of office and home-based working.
Main Purpose of the Job
This is a newly created role and the successful candidate will need to be comfortable working directly with Partners and other fee earners on marketing activities to achieve the firm’s wider business strategy. This includes supporting across all digital marketing channels, including email, website and social media, as well as providing support to other digital and non-digital channels.
- Providing support to the Head of Business Development and Marketing on strategic marketing and client development initiatives including a programme to optimise and develop the firm’s digital marketing channels.
- Providing analytics to identify trends and support decision making.
- Managing the firm’s social media channels, preparing and scheduling posts.
- Drafting, proofreading and editing digital communications to ensure we produce compelling, well-written copy that speaks to the target audience and is optimised for SEO.
- Coordinating with the website agency and future marketing database supplier for bug fixes, functionality and new pages.
- Updating and driving improvements to the contacts database in order to support the delivery of an effective contact programme and more effective new business targeting.
- Coordinating marketing activities to support sector and practice group objectives including sponsorships, overseas trips and events.
- Preparing marketing collateral including brochures and press releases.
- Internal communications activities including updating the firms’ intranet.
- Creative thinker with excellent attention to detail.
- Driven, hardworking and happy to work independently as and when required.
- Confident, outgoing and prepared to challenge, question or make alternative suggestions where appropriate.
- Organised and comfortable encouraging / chasing others for their contributions in support of the firm’s marketing and business development activities .
- Able to follow proven processes and ensure consistency throughout.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service and a good team player.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible and results oriented
- Demonstrates initiative and process improvements
- Has a commitment to professional and career development
- Experience of using WordPress and knowledge of SEO essential
- InDesign desirable, but not essential.
- Some familiarity and confidence in the use of contact databases, mass mailer software and social media is vital to support the firm’s corporate communications activity.
There may be some requirement to travel on occasion and work outside of normal office hours in support of particular initiatives e.g. events.
The salary and benefits package will be tailored to your experience. Click here for a full copy of the role description.
What will you find at AA Thornton?
We strongly believe that it’s our people that make the difference. As such, we are committed to recruiting the very best talent and providing training to nurture that talent.
We also work hard to ensure our wellbeing and inclusion strategies are a business priority and underpin our belief that everyone should be able to bring their whole self to work. We are committed to recruiting the very best talent from a diverse pool and welcome discussions with any candidates about reasonable adjustments, flexible working as well as a high level of flexibility within our fully agile working environment to accommodate caring responsibilities or other reasons, to help us recruit and nurture talented individuals. It is an exciting time to join the firm. Visit our website at www.aathornton.com, to find out what our clients our saying about us and meet our team of attorneys.
Please apply by email with your CV and a covering letter to Karen Genuardi, Head of People at email@example.com