Dr Craig Turner
Dr Craig Turner is a Partner and UK Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the Chemistry, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical patents department. Craig’s key client base are large corporations in the oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industry sectors.
“Craig is ‘very persuasive in getting examiners to allow patents in difficult cases'”
Legal 500 Client Testimonial
"Craig Turner is an absolutely outstanding attorney. He has managed to obtain patent grants in the most difficult (and sometimes hopeless) cases. Craig is an excellent advocate in addition to his more usual, routine patent agent work. Finally, he always responds to written questions very quickly, and is always very happy to set up phone discussions and face-to-face meetings. In short: an attorney of the highest calibre."
"Patent attorney par excellence Craig Turner of AA Thornton is an inspired choice for all manner of chemistry, biotech and pharmaceutical oral proceedings."
IAM Patent 1000
"At the risk of repeating myself, I would like to say how impressed I was with the way you [Patent Attorney Craig Turner] handled the Opposition case - both the meticulous preparation and your outstanding advocacy skills. I hope that we will have the chance to work together on similar cases in the future (but preferably for the Opposing party). Needless to say, our client was extremely pleased with the outcome."
Dr. Avraham Rutman, AJ Rutman - Patent Attorneys
"At AA Thornton, the 'highly regarded' Craig Turner successfully defended an opposition to a European patent on behalf of Halliburton Energy Services."
- IP Due Diligence & Freedom to Operate
- IP Strategy & Audits
- IP Transactions, Ownership & Licensing
- Medical Devices
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Craig’s patent practice covers biotechnology, chemistry and pharmaceuticals
- He handles contentious work, particularly in the pharmaceutical and oilfield services sectors, and is experienced in representing clients at oral proceedings
- He is involved in prosecution and infringement in the chemistry, pharmaceuticals and chemical engineering fields
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- He joined AA Thornton after graduating in 1998
- He became a partner in 2005
- BA Natural Sciences, Cambridge University
- PhD Neurophysiology, Cambridge University
- Qualified as a European patent attorney in 2001
- Qualified as a UK chartered patent attorney in 2003
- Recommended in Legal 500 UK
- Recommended in Who’s Who in Legal: Patents
- Recommended as an expert in IAM Patent 1000
- Ranked in the Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars 2020/21
- German (Basic)