Leonita Paulraj is a UK Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the Chemistry, Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals patent department. Leonita has specialist expertise in pharmaceuticals, agro-chemicals and life sciences.
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
Legal 500 (2019)
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Drafting patent applications
- Filing and prosecuting patent applications in Europe and worldwide
- Providing advice on patentability to operate
- Oppositions and Appeals at the EPO
- Providing patent development and strategic advice
- Also a registered Indian Patent and Design Attorney with ten years of experience in providing patent development and strategic advice; drafting and prosecuting patent applications; and filing and defending oppositions at the Indian Patent Office
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member of the European Patent Institute (EPI)
- She began her patent career at an Intellectual Property Rights firm in Chennai, India in 2000
- She joined AA Thornton in 2010
- Leonita was promoted to Senior Associate in July 2019
- BSc Biology
- MSc Plant Science
- Systems Management, National Institute of Information Technology, Chennai
- Qualified as a UK chartered patent attorney in 2013
- Qualified as a European patent attorney in 2013
- UK Intellectual Property Litigation Certificate