Louise Foster is a UK Chartered and European Trade Mark Attorney handling trade marks, copyright and domain name cases in the UK, EU and overseas. Louise’s client base operate in sectors such as fashion and food & beverage.
"Just to say thank you (Louise Foster) for having Jessica for the last 3 days, it is really appreciated. She really enjoyed her time with you and found the work very interesting."
Financial Controller, Leading Educational Publisher
"AA Thornton renders tailored trademark and IP services to a distinguished clientele."
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
"The team at AA Thornton provides an 'overall level of service that is top class', with good industry knowledge."
- Design Rights
- Domain Names
- Trade Mark
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- IT & Communications
- Advises in relation to trade mark clearance and searching, filing and prosecuting trade mark applications
- Advises in relation to infringement issues in the UK and handles opposition, revocation and invalidity proceedings at the UKIPO and the EUIPO
- Experienced in resolution of domain name disputes and domain name complaints, in particular under the UDRP and at Nominet
- Handles negotiations for amicable settlements of IP disputes
- Manages recordals of a portfolio of IP rights with Customs authorities
- Deals with Customs seizures and other anti-counterfeiting measures by enforcement authorities globally
- Handles maintenance of global IP portfolios and advises on filing strategies
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)
- Louise joined A.A. Thornton & Co. after graduating in 2009
- Louise was promoted to Associate, Trade Mark Attorney in June 2015
- Louise was promoted to Senior Associate in July 2019
- BA Jt. Hons German & Russian, University of Nottingham
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice, Nottingham Law School
- Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law & Practice, Queen Mary’s College, University of London
- Qualified as a UK Chartered Trade Mark attorney in 2012
- European Trade Mark and designs attorney