Martin Hedges is a UK Chartered and European Patent Attorney in the Engineering, Physics and Mechanical devices patent department. Martin has specialist expertise in vehicle mechanics, including engines and transmission systems and electro-mechanical wireless pressure and torque sensors.
"Well done Martin! Thanks so much for your good work on this case, and for your efforts in attending the oral proceedings and obtaining a very good outcome!"
Senior Shareholder, US Intellectual Property Law Firm
"AA Thornton's 'top-notch' team advises clients such as Merix Pharmaceutical, RSR Limited and Robert Bosch. Martin Hedges provides 'consistent quality at an appropriate cost'."
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
- Design Rights
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Specialist expertise in automotive, electro-mechanical and mechanical engineering
- Conducting and fighting off oppositions to European patents, including presentation of arguments at oral proceedings
- Providing opinions on infringement and validity
- Infringement searches, including advice on search strategy and analysis of results
- Appointing and instructing Counsel to obtain opinions on particular aspects of law
- Defending and filing infringement actions through the UK courts, through to appeal level
- Seeking revocation of UK Patents through the UK Patent Office revocation procedure and onwards to Appeal to the High Court
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Martin joined the London office of A.A. Thornton & Co. after graduating in 1993
- He became a partner in 2002
- Martin became a consultant for the firm in 2016
- BA Hons Engineering, Oxford University
- Qualified as a UK chartered patent attorney
- Qualified as a European patent attorney