Peter is an intellectual property litigation lawyer with extensive experience of complex patent litigation matters before the High Court and Court of Appeal. He also advises in relation to copyright and trade mark matters.
- Trade marks
- IT & Telecoms
- Medical Devices
- Advanced Bionics v MED-EL (hearing aids)
- AutoStore v Ocado (logistical robotics)
- IDC v Lenovo (telecoms)
- Sisvel v Oppo & Xiaomi (telecoms)
- Dr Reddys etc. v Warner-Lambert (pharmaceutical damages enquiry)
- Conversant v Apple (mobile telephone UI/UX)
- Invisalign v ClearCorrect (orthodontic devices)
- Amgen v Accord (drugs for regulating calcium homeostasis)
- Pfizer v GSK (meningitis vaccines)
- Rovi v Virgin Media (television set-top boxes)
Peter joined AA Thornton as an associate solicitor in March 2022.
He previously worked in the IP litigation teams at Kirkland & Ellis (2020 – 2022), EIP Legal (2017 – 2019), and Marks & Clerk (2013 – 2017).
- BSc in Physics, University of Southampton (2009)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE), University of Westminster (2011)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC), Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (2012)
- Solicitor, England & Wales (2019)