Suzanne Power is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney in our Legal 500 ranked Top Tier Trade Mark team. Suzanne handles trade mark, design and copyright matters in the UK, EU and overseas. Suzanne’s clients operate within a number of industries, with a particular focus on the fashion retail, healthcare and food & beverage sectors.
"The team at AA Thornton provides an ‘overall level of service that is top class, with good industry knowledge."
"AA Thornton renders tailored trademark and IP services to a distinguished clientele."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
- Design Rights
- Domain Names
- Trade Marks
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Prosecution of UK, EU, International and foreign national trade mark applications
- Undertaking and advising on the results of clearance searches, to check for conflicts with earlier intellectual property rights
- Advising on infringement and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including handling opposition, revocation and invalidity proceedings at the UK IPO and the EU IPO
- Negotiating agreements with third parties regarding use and registration of intellectual property rights
- Devising strategies for the long-term management of intellectual property portfolio
- Advising in relation to copyright and design protection
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)
- She joined A.A. Thornton & Co. after graduating in 2013
- She qualified as a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney in September 2015
- Suzanne was promoted to Associate in 2018
- Suzanne was promoted to Senior Associate in July 2019
- BA Hons French & Linguistics, Jesus College, University of Oxford
- Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice (Distinction), Queen Mary University of London
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice (Distinction), Nottingham Trent University
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney