Victoria Jones is a Trainee Patent Attorney within our Engineering, Physics & Mechanical Devices patent department.
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Devices
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications before the European Patent Office (EPO) and the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO)
- European opposition and appeal work
- Liaising with clients and overseas attorneys
- Conducting FTO searches
- Legal research
- Student member of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Victoria joined A.A. Thornton & Co. in August 2017
- MPhys Physics, Cardiff University
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London