Trade Mark Secretary – Entry Level
AA Thornton is a leading Intellectual Property (IP) law firm based in London. The firm has been established for over one hundred years and enjoys an enviable reputation within the IP profession both domestically and abroad. We are delighted to be continually ranked as a “Leading Firm” by the Legal 500 UK.
To be right for this role, you will have demonstrable experience in using a variety of IT packages (to an intermediate level) and an ability to organise and prioritise a busy workload and communicate clearly, accurately and concisely with a range of colleagues. You will be able to produce consistently accurate work, and will therefore possess an attention to detail that will enable you to spot errors and ask questions when needed.
In turn, we will provide training and support for you to develop your skills which will provide you with excellent administrative and secretarial experience within a leading intellectual property law firm..
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous Trade Mark secretarial experience is desirable, but not essential
- Some proven administrative/secretarial skill is essential, together with a genuine interest in working in an administrative/secretarial role
- A pro-active self-starter, who is willing to learn
- A good academic background, which may be at degree level or A’ level standard combined ideally with a secretarial qualification
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and ideally experience of using databases
- Some administrative/secretarial experience
Very importantly, the successful candidate will have a positive attitude, a willingness to contribute to a team environment and be enthusiastic in making the most of the learning and support on offer.
Click here for the full role description.
What will you find at AA Thornton?
We strongly believe that it’s our people that make the difference. As such, we are committed to recruiting the very best talent and providing training to nurture that talent.
We enjoy an excellent working environment in our modern office at 10 Old Bailey in central London and are proud of our collegial working style, where we value diversity and work hard to ensure that everyone feels part of the team.
For further details, please visit our website at www.aathornton.com, to find out what our clients our saying about us and meet our team of attorneys.
Please apply by email with your CV and a covering letter to Jill Bartley, Executive Assistant – HR/People at firstname.lastname@example.org.