Daniel Byrne is a Partner and Barrister with extensive experience in intellectual property disputes and transactions. He has spent many years dealing with complex and technical patent matters and he has experience of multijurisdictional litigation and coordination, particularly across Europe where he spent two years practising in Paris.
He has acted for clients across the full range of intellectual property rights at all levels of tribunal and has been a Deputy District Judge in the County Court since 2015. He also sits in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court to hear, primarily, trade mark and copyright claims. He sits on the consulting editorial board for LEXIS-NEXIS IP and contributes to journals and academic programmes.
- Trade Marks
- IP Due Diligence & Freedom to Operate
- IP Strategy & Audits
- IP Transactions, Ownership & Licensing
- Medical Devices
- IT & Communications
- Inner Temple
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- The Bar Association for Commercial Finance & Industry (BACFI)
- Dan was called to the bar in 2005 and qualified in specialist intellectual property chambers in London.
- He has, since 2007, worked in law firms, including over 5 years in the IP litigation department at Bristows in London and 2 years in the IP litigation department at Gide Loyrette Nouel in Paris.
- He was appointed as a Deputy District Judge in 2015 and sits from time to time in the County Courts of London, including in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court (small claims).
- Dan joined AA Thornton as a Partner in September 2019.
- BSc Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, Durham University
- MA in Biotechnological Law & Ethics, Sheffield University
- CPE, City University
- Bar Vocational Course, BPP Law School
- Barrister in England & Wales