Geoff Hussey heads the litigation team. Geoff’s main practice areas are IP litigation and Commercial IP. His experience as a Partner and Solicitor includes acting for a broad range of clients in many sectors including life sciences, electronics, telecoms, chemicals, aviation, food & beverages and financial services.
"Following the arrival of IP litigator Geoff Hussey, who joined from Bird & Bird LLP, the team is increasingly handling high-stakes contentious patent cases."
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
"The team at AA Thornton provides an ‘overall level of service that is top class, with good industry knowledge."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
- Litigation across the full IP spectrum
- Licences and disputes
- IP Due Diligence & Freedom to Operate
- IP Strategy & Audits
- IP Transactions, Ownership & Licensing
- IT & Communications
- Medical Devices
- Cambridge Quantum Computing v River Lane (quantum chemistry)
- Adolf Nissen v Horizont (road traffic warning signs)
- Dr Reddy’s & Sandoz v Napp (buprenorphine patch)
- ConvaTec v Smith & Nephew (silverised gel-forming wound dressings)
- Menicon v Coopervision (contact lenses)
- LG v Sony (blu-ray, DVD and TV)
- Nokia v IPCom (mobile phones)
- GE Healthcare v PerkinElmer (scintillation proximity assays)
- Nikken v Pioneer (drill chucks)
Trade Marks & Passing Off
- Virgin Enterprises v Virginic (cosmetics)
- Radley v Poundworld (bags)
- easyGroup v easyJet (airline brand licence)
- EMI v BSkyB: NOW TV (TV service)
- ScanSafe v MessageLabs (internet scanning software)
- Poul Chang v Bailcast (cv boot tool)
- PMS international v Spin Master (children’s toy)
- Navitaire v easyJet (airline booking system)
- The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Geoff joined Field Fisher Waterhouse in 2003, where he trained and qualified into their IP department as a solicitor in 2005
- Geoff joined Bird & Bird’s IP department in 2007
- Geoff joined AA Thornton as a Partner in May 2016
- BSc Human Genetics, Nottingham University
- Post-graduate Diploma in Law and LPC, Nottingham Law School
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Bristol
- Solicitor in England & Wales
- Recommended in Legal 500 UK