Geoff Hussey heads the litigation team. Geoff’s main practice areas are IP litigation and Commercial IP. His experience as a Partner and Solicitor includes acting for a broad range of clients in many sectors including life sciences, electronics, telecoms, chemicals, aviation, food & beverages and financial services.
"Following the arrival of IP litigator Geoff Hussey, who joined from Bird & Bird LLP, the team is increasingly handling high-stakes contentious patent cases."
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
"The team at AA Thornton provides an ‘overall level of service that is top class, with good industry knowledge."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
- Litigation across the full IP spectrum
- Licences and disputes
- IP Due Diligence & Freedom to Operate
- IP Strategy & Audits
- IP Transactions, Ownership & Licensing
- IT & Communications
- Medical Devices
- ConvaTec v Smith & Nephew: Injunction damages enquiry.
- Smith & Nephew v ConvaTec: Gel-forming silverised wound dressings; patent validity, infringement and EPO opposition actions.
- EMI v BSkyB: NOW TV; trade mark infringement.
- Menicon v Coopervision: Contact lenses; patent opposition.
- easyGroup v easyJet: Airline brand licence dispute.
- Nokia v IPCom: Mobile phones; patent revocation action.
- InterDigital v Nokia: Mobile phones; standard essentiality / infringement actions.
- LG v Sony: Blu-ray, DVD and TV; patent infringement and entitlement.
- ScanSafe v MessageLabs and Star Technologies: Internet scanning software; reverse passing off, breach of confidence and contract.
- GE Healthcare v PerkinElmer: Scintillation proximity assays; patent revocation and entitlement.
- Nikken v Pioneer: Drill chucks; patent claim amendment.
- Navitaire v easyJet: Airline booking system; copyright.
- The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Geoff joined Field Fisher Waterhouse in 2003, where he trained and qualified into their IP department as a solicitor in 2005
- Geoff joined Bird & Bird’s IP department in 2007
- Geoff joined AA Thornton as a Partner in May 2016
- BSc Human Genetics, Nottingham University
- Post-graduate Diploma in Law and LPC, Nottingham Law School
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Bristol
- Solicitor in England & Wales
- Recommended in Legal 500 UK