Lucy O’Brien is a Trainee Patent Attorney within our Chemistry, Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals patent department. Lucy’s clients operate in industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemistry and oil & gas technologies.
"AA Thornton's level of service is 'outstanding' - 'timeliness and appropriateness of advice are a constant' according to clients, who rate the level of scientific knowledge displayed by the partners and associate lawyers as 'excellent'."
"The 'excellent' A.A. Thornton & Co. 'goes the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service' and has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious matters."
"AA Thornton maintains its position among the elite patent practices in the nation, largely based on its frequent successful representation of individuals, academic institutions, SMEs and multinational corporations."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
- Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals
- Reading and analysing prior art documents
- Legal research
- Drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications at the UKIPO, EPO and abroad
- Student member of the Charted Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Lucy joined A.A. Thornton & Co. after graduating in 2014
- BSc Molecular Biology and Biochemistry with Industrial Placement, University of Durham
- Queen Mary University of London, Intellectual Property Law certificate