Sarah Darby is a Partner and Registered Trade Mark Attorney in our Legal 500 ranked Top Tier Trade Mark team. She handles trade marks, designs, copyright and domain names in the UK, EU and worldwide. She advises on all types of trade mark matters from the inception of a brand and checking its availability to obtaining registrations, commercialisation of rights and enforcement of rights.
“Sarah Darby is articulate and has a huge intellect, but cuts through the legal jargon to provide digestible advice.”
"Sarah Darby is a particular star as she is extremely bright and technical but can explain legal issues effectively and without unnecessary complication. In short, she sorts the wheat from the chaff brilliantly. Sarah manages her team well and is an expert on long-term strategic thinking for the business."
"Sarah Darby is fantastic, highly technical, but with a commercial focus."
"The team at AA Thornton provides an 'overall level of service that is top class', with good industry knowledge."
"AA Thornton is my favourite and most reliable Firm in the UK. It is one of the finest IP Firms in UK."
D Calab Gabriel, Managing Partner, Lex IP Care
- Design Rights
- Trade Mark
- Provides advice on all aspects of searching, filing, prosecution and maintenance of trade marks all around the world
- Advises on infringement and deals with opposition, revocation and invalidity matters at the UKIPO and the EUIPO
- Deals with domain name registrations and complaints, as well as customs and counterfeit issues
- Advises on portfolio creation, management and maintenance strategies from domestic to global based clients
- Sarah has completed the ‘train the trainers’ course for the new trade mark exam system and tutors on the advanced Trade Mark course run by Nottingham University
- She also advises at the UKIPO evening clinics for small businesses
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)
- Sarah joined A.A. Thornton & Co. after graduating in December 2006
- She became a Senior Associate in 2013
- Sarah was promoted to Partner in September 2018
- BA Hons English Literature, Selwyn College, Cambridge
- Certificate in Intellectual Property, Queen Mary’s College, University of London
- Qualified as a UK Chartered Trade Mark attorney in 2010
- European Trade Mark and designs attorney
- Recommended in Legal 500 UK