Our Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals team has been advising clients for over thirty years and we are proud to work with some of the biggest names in the field.
In the last thirty years or so, we have acquired an enviable track record in helping our clients to cost-effectively procure, maintain and enforce their IP rights. Clients favour us because of our pragmatic and commercial-minded approach to IP and regularly choose us to assume responsibility for high value cases.
Our multi-disciplinary group regularly handles the full spectrum of technologies associated with upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas production. We also have considerable experience working with clients in the fields of petrochemicals, fine chemical and specialities.
Some examples of our recent work include:
- Conducting IP due diligence on behalf of an existing client as part of a proposed commercial technology acquisition
- Successfully defending an opposition to a high value European patent relating to licensed technology for measuring properties of downhole rock formations
- Successfully defending an opposition to a set of high value European patents relating to the measurement of propagating electromagnetic waves to identify rock formation bed boundaries
Our clients include:
- Halliburton Energy Services, Inc.
- Landmark Graphics
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- ES Xplore, LLC
- ConocoPhillips Company
- Oil State Industries
- ASA Energy Conversions